Friday, February 19, 2010

38 Weeks 5 Days...This is it!

Ok so today we are almost 39 weeks pregnant! Not much new going on, the baby is continuing to take over Mommy's body (bring in on!) and I'm feeling pretty huge at this point. But what do you expect when your 9 month pregnant. As this pregnancy slowly comes to an end, it is so bittersweet. Time has flown by and I never thought that would have been the case. Kash really did pick a perfect time to grow. We have been through so much together and we haven't even met him yet. We first started out by getting on an airplane(6 weeks pregnant, that was interesting!) and traveling to good ole Louisville, Ky where we discovered what orange dirt looks like. 3 weeks after that the family headed to Minnesota to visit family friends, then from there we spent a very much need, relaxing week on one of the many beautiful lakes of Wisconsin. Soon after that was Thanksgiving where he learned what a true home cooked meal tasted like (yum now I'm hungry) Then on December 5th 2009 we got to celebrate Mr. Kash and Mommy with our baby shower. Now that was a great time!! Weeks later it was Christmas time where we endured countless amounts of snow, snow and MORE snow. Have no fear, with Daddy's big 4x4 truck we made it to every family gathering... baby belly and all. Then 1 week later was New Years Eve! We partied like rockstars with our huge plate of nachos and the bubbly (sparkling grape juice.) By 12:05 Mommy and Daddy were pooped and were in bed bringing in the new year by sawing logs. Time finally slowed down a bit just in time for our breastfeeding class where we played with baby dolls and watch video's on how to feed you. Valentines Day quickly approached us, but with baby on the brain we just hung out at home and had breakfast burritos. I know fancy, fancy! And now here it is, February 19th 2010 the day before we experience the best day known to man. Your finally gonna meet your Mom and Dad! And more importantly, we finally get to meet our son. We can only imagine what your gonna put Mommy through tomorrow evening. But believe me, we are ready for you. Were ready to know what you do other then move around in my belly. There are so many things we are ready to experience but we only want to do it as a mother and father. Sometimes we just lay in bed at night and hold my belly and just wonder about you. Who you will look like. Will he have daddy's eyes or mine. Will you be a good sleeper. Will you like your doggy brothers. Just silly little things, that to us are so important.

So tomorrow is the big day! I am getting induced at 6pm at Methodist Hospital. WOW! My final Dr's appointment was today. Yet again another very nice milestone. Still at 1 cm dilated, 50% effaced, and -2 station. No progress! Ive been at a 1 for almost 6 weeks now! He apparently has grown pretty fond of his home and doesn't wanna move any. Well guess what buddy, you have to come out everyone wants to meet you! I did manage to loose 2 pounds, which puts me at a total of 22 pounds gained.

Tonight is the last night as just Brian and Lindsey. Just husband and wife. We will very soon be a family of three. We will soon be called "Mom and Dad". We will soon take on the hardest job ever, parenthood. But I have a great partner and I know that with him, we can do anything.

So the next time I post, it will be with pictures of out little guy. Its been a long time coming, and we are just thrilled that it is baby time! I cant wait to hold him and show him off and even more I cant wait to see my husband holding our son. That is what Ive been waiting for, for so long now.

2 comments:

  1. OOHHH Lindsey!! (HUGE sigh....) Your post just gave me chills and made me a little teary-eyed! (It takes a lot to make that happen!) I love your recap of the last 9 months and your "wonders" as you waited these last few days for Kash to arrive. Beautiful! I'm so "raw with emotion" on these topics now since Julia's arrival!

    It's 6:45 now... the day after you were admitted... and I still don't know for sure if he has arrived or not, but I sure hope to God he has by now and you're not STILL in labor 24 hours later!! Big hugs to you and your new little family member! Can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see pics of your new little man!!!!! Your last prego picture is amazing: that belly of yours was fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete