Sunday, June 27, 2010

Kash Anthony Prismantas

Ok over 4 months later and I finally have time to reveal my birth story and pictures of our beautiful son, Kash.

Excuse me if my story is a little brief... Kash is just about ready to eat. :)

We went in at 6 pm on Feb. 20th 2010... and I had all intentions of recording the ride there, getting comfortable in our room, and any other prior events, but we were far to emotional to film. After my screaming neighbor in the room next to me had her baby in under 20 minutes flat, I was a bit overwhelmed. We started the Cytitec to ripen my cervix to prepare me for birth. At 5 am the next morning they started me on Pitocin. Soon after that, they had to turn the Pitocin off because I was contracting to much. They administered the epidural around 10am which wore off in about an hour and then was administered again at 12pm. The second one did as much work as the first one...IT DID NOT. I felt the whole birth, with an exception of maybe 2 hours. I dilated very quickly, and the doctor only checked me 3 or 4 times and I was ready to push by 2:00pm. Here we go! I pushed...and pushed...and pushed.... for what seemed like an eternity. Finally, after 2 hours of pushing, on February 21st, 2010 at 4:19 pm Kash entered the world. 6 pounds 12 ounces and 19 inches long. It was the most amazing experience I have ever been through in my life. I cant even describe how surreal the whole day was. He was perfectly healthy and the most beautiful thing Ive ever laid eyes on. By 7ish were were on our way to the post par tum room and we finally became a family of three!!


As I type this, Kash is in the bedroom kicking his legs and making daddy laugh at his every move. Being a mother, and having a family is truly the only way to live life. Our house is never quiet, its clean for about 5 minutes, dinner time is never at dinner time, sometimes I wonder what a shower is, or where my time went. But all of this is so small in comparison to how awesome my life is now. I have the best little family and Im so completely content. This is the life!











And 4 months later... Here is "Kash Man"!!

1 comment:

  1. such a beautiful post! I love the paragraph about life now...dinner not at dinner time, the house messy, etc. You couldn't have painted the magic any better--it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete