Tuesday, February 2, 2010

36 Weeks

Hey there! We have made it to 36 weeks, and I'm hoping to go a few more weeks. Lets start off by saying HAPPY BIRTH MONTH!! I can finally say I'm going to have a baby this month. How amazing! Yesterday (February 1st) was my 36 week appointment and it was filled with both the good and the not so good. My blood pressure reared its ugly head and topped off at 164/100. This frustrates me because I have done so good up until this point. It has been well controlled (praise God!) and now I feel like I failed or something! My Dr. warned me that this may happen, and that at the end of my pregnancy it may elevate. But I kid you not, every time she said that I thought to myself, yeah right, that wont happen to me, I'm gonna show her! So through out the months my blood pressure was text book perfect and inside I laughed because my Dr. was always happily shocked. But here we are at 9 months pregnant and my plan to "show off" went sour. But I need to remind myself that there is nothing I can do and at this point, it is OK. He can come at anytime and be a perfect and healthy little boy. Anyways back to my appointment... after they read my blood pressure, the nurse told me to lay on my left side, so I did. It did go down some but not really what we would like at this point. If anyone knows anything about hypertension, it can lead to something called Pre-Eclampsia. Its something that is developed from high blood pressure and is scary because the only way to treat it, is to deliver. Plain and simple. The way they detect if I have Pre-Eclampsia is by doing a 24 hour urine sample to check for protein, and some blood work. So by late Thursday we will know whether or not I fall under this category. If it is positive, they will induce me asap. She did check my cervix and I am still 1 cm dilated, but did go up to 50% effaced. No real progress in that department, but oh well. So please keep me and my little boy in your prayers that we can cook him a bit longer.

I'm feeling, well, like any 9 month pregnant woman feels. Tired, achy, lots of back pain, yada yada!! I did feel what I think was my first "real" contraction the other day. I kept thinking to myself, is this a "real one"?? Im sure it only gets worse! At this point all he is doing is gaining weight, yeah for chubby cheeks! So now we wait, we will either have a baby by next week, or wait till my induction date which is February 22nd.

1 comment:

  1. That's a good looking bump!!!! 20 days max!!!!

    ReplyDelete