Monday, November 23, 2009

26 Weeks!

We are now 26 weeks pregnant, or 6 1/2 months along! Wow, I know right?! Things are moving right along and I cant believe how fast time is flying. God must have known to bless us with being pregnant during this time of year because not only does the time go by super fast, but I just have a feeling its going to be fun being pregnant during the holidays. Its not that often a woman is pregnant during the holiday season, therefore I'm soaking it all in! This coming week is Thanksgiving... and Black Friday! We are looking very forward to spending it with family and totally vegging out. After all isn't that what Thanksgiving is all about? We have a ton to be thankful for this year, most importantly having this little guy growing and staying healthy. Lets just hope he can let me barge through Wallmart at 4 in the morning for those deals!!

Every week I tell Brian " Guess how big our baby is this week?" and then I read him my weekly email I get from Babycenter.com. This week he is as big as a full size eggplant and over 14 inches long. He is continuing to put on extra fat (yay for chunky legs and chubby cheeks!) and is beginning to inhale and exhale amniotic fluid, which will be good practice for when he makes is appearance and needs to breathe on his own.

As far as how I'm feeling, Ive been doing pretty good. If you can believe this I am peeing even more then before, yes I know! I think for the past few days he has been laying on or very close to my bladder because last night I got up every hour to use the bathroom... that was fun! I have a hard time keeping up with non pregnant people and I cant work long hours like I used to. My lower back has been killing me and my brain has turned into mush, BUT its all so worth it. :)


In other news, my mom, Lisa, and I worked on baby shower favors this past weekend and might I say, they are so cute! I'm proud! It was a lot of fun getting together and of course Lisa always has yummy food for us! Here are a few pics of the Saturday afternoon at Lisa's, but to get one of your own, you must attend the shower!


Lisa and my mom hard at work



Some of the supplies we used....



The finished product! The little tag on the outside says "Nothing is sweeter than a baby!"

No comments:

Post a Comment