Monday, November 9, 2009

24 weeks!


Today marks 24 weeks on the pregnancy calendar. I know I need a tan, so bear with me ! I also had my 24 week prenatal check up. At this appointment we did several things. We first tested for gestational diabetes which consists of a veeeeeery nasty tasting orange drink that I had to finish in 2 minutes. Yuck! It tasted like flat pop, and at 9:15 in the morning, it doesn't settle to well! But all so worth it. No news is good news, so keep my in your prayers. Next we did an ultrasound, which I can now do with ease because him kicking through out the day is so very reassuring. Anyways he is getting so big that you cant see his whole body on the screen anymore (personal milestone thank you!) In just 4 short weeks he gained 13 ounces! He is now 1 pound 9 ounces, the size of a corn cob, and in the 52 percentile in weight. Wow, what a relief that was to hear. As you know the reason we have to keep a close eye on him is because of my blood pressure, and high blood pressure can result in low birth weight, but up to this point it hasn't been an issue :)))!! But me being on medication my blood pressure has been very controlled and at a normal range. Phew! As far as the nursery progress is going... we took a mini break so to say. Brian has been busy with work, and Ive been trying to take it easy. I got a pedicure last week and noticed my cute little feet weren't so little anymore. So with that said, mommy comes home from work and puts those suckers up! Not to worry, his room will be done but at this point I think we are ahead of the game so Im not to bent out of shape. More nursery pics soon! The pics below are the one we captured today, enjoy!



Kash's arm, according to Daddy he has "massive guns!"



...And yes, Kash is still a boy!


4d boy parts (kind of like a diaper change shot)

In unrelated but much needed attention.... The Nebraska Huskers pulled out a HUGE win last weekend against Oklahoma with a score of 10-3.
What a great game it was to watch! Here is a pic from the Omaha World Herald that I think is so priceless!







1 comment:

  1. I love all the pics! You look great and the muscle shot is priceless! Love that you gave the huskers a shout out on here too!

    ReplyDelete