Wednesday, August 5, 2009

9 Week Check Up

Hello! We have been so busy (thank the lord) with vacations and just the rush of summer, that I haven't had the time to update. We have great news! This pic was taken at 9 weeks 1 day. Isn't he/she so cute!! But I'm not biased. Anyways, Brian couldn't make it to this appointment so my mom got the honor of tagging along. Let me just tell you how thrilled she was to see the baby first hand! Of course I was so nervous but this baby still amazes me every time. We first started out by doing my annual check up since I was due, then we went into some serious talk. My blood pressure is a little on the high side unfortunately. And this can be very dangerous if its not controlled. So we talked about options and basically if it continues, I have to take home a blood pressure monitor and keep a very close eye on it. My doctor is awesome and assured me that if its controlled and detected early that everything should be just fine. So on to the "fun" part... the ultrasound!! They laid me down and to my surprise they did the abdominal one (instead of doing it vaginally) so I was very excited for that! I kept thinking to myself... Wow I cant believe I'm far enough along to just stick that thing on my belly and see the baby! So she puts the goo on and there was that heartbeat I have been waiting to hear and see. Oh man, that is the sweetest sound in the whole entire world. I could listen to it forever. The heartbeat was nice and strong, with 180 bpm. Phew! The baby is right on target with the growth and everything. What a difference in size in only 3 weeks! It looks more like a baby now. He/She even kicked its legs around for us. So after my mom and I shared some very happy tears we took the baby pics and were out the door. So all around good appointment other then my blood pressure issue.

I'm gonna try very hard to let go of my fears and enjoy this pregnancy. It is a constant struggle for me, but at almost 11 weeks now it has gotten a lot better. I'm accepting the fact that I am pregnant. And that is so nice to say. As far as symptoms go, I'm mainly tired and nauseous. I haven't thrown up yet, but have come VERY close. But I will take feeling like this, as it is a constant reminder that the baby is doing well. I know, its a twisted way of putting it! I'm looking forward to my second trimester, a growing belly, and finally getting to tell our families. Once again thanks for all the prayers, I think this baby is here to stay in our family, and I couldn't be more grateful.

2 comments:

  1. Aww.... little baby P has arms and legs and everything now at "206 days to go!" 2nd trimester is SO close now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Lindsey-the ultrasound picture is so cute :) I'm glad that everything is going SO well!

    ReplyDelete