This is a huge milestone for us only because we never got this far last time. I'm so blessed and happy to be where we are in our lives right now, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers, apparently it has paid off. Stay tuned, because in just 3 weeks there will be another picture of baby Prismantas! Now, in 2 more days I will be off to Ft. Knox Kentucky to watch my brother graduate Basic Training... and of course to tell him he will be an uncle!
Monday, July 6, 2009
Star Struck!
Today we had our 6 week appointment. I was a nervous wreck. I don't even remember the drive there. We head in and wait ever so patiently for the nurse to take us back into our room. After finally making it to our room, the nurse proceeds to take my blood pressure. She quickly says to me "Are you nervous?" I said YES. She then said we would do the blood pressure "after the fun stuff". I liked that answer. So the doctor finally made it in and we began. I layed back and she started... right away she said "your bladder is full, and its pushing on your uterus" So go figure, I had to stop and go pee! Only me I swear. After running to the bathroom, as fast as I could she started again. I seen that flutter, that little heartbeat I have been waiting to see for so long now. I lost it just like I thought I would. Its there. We have a baby! Holy crap. Expected due date is February 28th 2010...our little love bug!.
So we played around alittle and tried to see the baby the best we could, but at 6 weeks there is not much to see except a beating heart. The baby is positioned kinda weird in my uterus., so it was hard to get a real good look. Because I miscarried she wants me to come back in 3 weeks (I will be 9 weeks by then) and do another ultrasound. Fine by me, I get to see our little guy again!
This is a huge milestone for us only because we never got this far last time. I'm so blessed and happy to be where we are in our lives right now, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers, apparently it has paid off. Stay tuned, because in just 3 weeks there will be another picture of baby Prismantas! Now, in 2 more days I will be off to Ft. Knox Kentucky to watch my brother graduate Basic Training... and of course to tell him he will be an uncle!
This is a huge milestone for us only because we never got this far last time. I'm so blessed and happy to be where we are in our lives right now, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers, apparently it has paid off. Stay tuned, because in just 3 weeks there will be another picture of baby Prismantas! Now, in 2 more days I will be off to Ft. Knox Kentucky to watch my brother graduate Basic Training... and of course to tell him he will be an uncle!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yay! I love that first pic! It's so unreal how much developing and growing he/she will do in the next few weeks. Congratulations to you both! :)
ReplyDelete