Monday, January 18, 2010

Trying to Scare Mommy and Daddy!

We unfortunately had a very eventful weekend so to speak. It started last week when I was feeling a ton of pressure in my lower abdomen and constant lower back pain. It kept getting worse and I just knew something wasnt right. So Saturday morning (Jan 16th) I woke up and spoiled Brian's morning plans on going ice fishing... the pain got worse so we made a call to the nurse and she told us to head to the Labor and Delivery to get checked. So at 6 in the morning we were off. As soon as we arrived they hooked me up to the monitors and the nurse instantly said "Your having contractions, cant you feel that?" I just felt the pressure, not necessarily my uterus contracting. I'm still a bit confused on what a contraction feels like but I'm almost positive I will soon find out! The nurse then did an internal exam and discovered I was 1 cm dilated and 40 % effaced. So after 2 doses of medicine to stop the contractions, a steroid shot to mature his lungs just in case he really did wanna come early, and 8 hours later, we were released. I was told to take it easy and listen to my body, when its had enough, listen! I think what set me to this point was over doing it by being on my feet to much. Thank goodness for an amazing husband that is helping tremendously, I don't know what I would do with out him!

So I'm hoping the next time we head to the hospital, we will return with Kash, and not a big jug of water and a pre term labor check list...

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness-quite the adventure! You're so funny, too....about next time, returning with a baby instead of a jug of water and a checklist! HA!! Glad everything is OK!!!!

    ReplyDelete