
Hello there! I'm a bit late posting, please forgive me! This ultrasound picture was taken at 32 weeks 1 day, and a weighs a whopping 4 pounds 8 ounces. Yes, I think we are gonna have a big boy on our hands. This is wonderful news to us because the Dr. was concerned that he may have weight issues due to my high blood pressure, but Kash has totally proved her wrong. He has also turned and is now head down (another personal milestone!) In comparison to the 28 week picture from my last post he looks so much bigger! His hand is on the left and his face is to the right. Don't you love technology? I mean this looks sooo real! A friend said to me the other day, "Are you sad that you already knows what he looks like?" NOPE! I love seeing him grow and I know even if we have an idea of his features, we will still be in awe of him.
From this point on I will have to go in twice a week for non stress tests. I think this is a bit excessive, because my blood pressure has done very well, and in fact is was text book 120/85 the last time we were in. BUT better safe then sorry I suppose. And if it gets me closer Mr. Kash man then so be it. So if your ever wondering where Lindsey and baby are... you can safely place bets that I will be at the Dr's office. He is measuring right on track and Dr. Simmons said she expects me to go full term as of now, which was so comforting to hear.
New symptoms? Well can I add I still cannot breathe, I try and try to take deep breaths but it only gives me temporary relief. I have to constantly straighten out my back to open up the airway. My lower back is killing me, activity or no activity, its a constant ache. I'm still carrying pretty high, I think he has forgotten he has the whole lower part of my belly to stretch... I guess he likes cuddling with my lungs. I cant eat as much in one sitting anymore and now have resorted to snacking instead of actual meals.
My most recent cravings have been anything liquid! I have been so thirsty for some reason. Just to list a few... I discovered those instant breakfast essentials. In English there the packets of chocolatey powder you mix with milk and it has lots of good vitamins in it. I have been drinking those like crazy! I even got creative and made a smoothie out of it! WE (yes, Brian goes along with my cravings like a good husband he should) have been making what we call "mocktails".. its half cranberry juice, half sprite, and a slice of lime. YUM! The only thing that would top this drink off would be if vodka were involved... but its a great "get me by" drink. I made fun of Brian because there has been a 6 pack of Bud Light in the fridge for over a week now, and instead he has been drinking the mocktails rather then the beer. Now thats how you know its a must have.
We did finally finish the nursery, and we are so proud! Designing his room was so fun and anyone that walks in the door I wanna show it off to. Its a little room, but I think we succeeded by making the best of what space was available. I think Kash will like it!
So now that in less then 7 weeks we will "officially" be parents I'm getting a bit anxious/nervous/excited... I know its normal and its a first time parent thing, but I just want to make sure I am the best mom I can be. We are just getting so excited to meet him! We now call him by his name rather then "the baby" which seems to roll of our tongue quite easily. Every time someone refers to him as Kash and not "the baby" makes even more anxious. He is not even here yet and we talk about him like he is. And that makes me so happy!

We can't wait to meet you baby Kash!!!!
ReplyDelete